Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Downward Spiral

I was hoping that New Years Resolutions would help me, but it's not. I was doing well for a bit, but I have resorted to my old ways of eating. I thought I would start tracking calories again after the new year and I was. Unfortunately, I became too embarrassed to even admit what all I was eating. It was bad. SOOOOOO bad and I am just in shock at the downward spiral I am in. I went back to eating lots of sweets, sneaking/hiding food so my husband wouldn't see what I was eating, a couple sodas a day, eating fast food (and not making the healthier choices that are available). I hate to even admit this at all. I must say that I am far from where I was, but if I don't get it under control, I will be right back where I was. I cannot go back there. I was feeling so awesome and loving my new size. I know I wasn't where I should be but my doctors were so happy that I had lost the weight and did it the right way. Now, I am simply ashamed. I have gained only 5-6 lbs back, but that will quickly change if I don't do something now. So, because Lent begins tomorrow, I am going to give up sweets/desserts and get my eating habits back on track. It's going to be hard and it's going to get ugly as my body adjusts to the change, but I have to do this. Now, if you see me out and about and can tell I am even contemplating chocolate or soda or whatever I am drooling over...feel free to yell at me and snap me out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment