Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter traditions


Our yearly Easter tradition may be a little different than yours. Yes, we dye eggs, talk about the Easter Bunny, tell the story of the resurrection, go to church, do Easter egg hunts and spend time with the family. However, our Easter eggs are a tad different. It's something my sister and I have been doing for years and have gotten pretty much anyone we can involved. We strive to create the ugliest egg imaginable. Sure, we try for one pretty one, but our goal is to have our egg voted "Ugliest Egg". I have to say that over the years we have created some pretty hideous ones, however, my niece Isabelle will always have the actual "Ugliest Egg" because somehow she created a black one. No one has been able to reproduce it and she did it purely on accident. I just wish I had a picture of that egg! I think she was around 7 or 8 at the time too so in our eyes, this is an amazing feat as we have been training for YEARS for this competition.
This year was no different and we had our competition including the boys, my niece and nephew. It was some pretty stiff competition and I am sorry to say that this year, I did not win. The votes were all over the place but it was always one of the kids that won. Sigh. Maybe next year.

Pics for your viewing pleasure! Which one has your vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment