Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Year Round Schooling

Let me start by saying I adore my children. I love them more than anything and I totally enjoy doing fun things with them. I don't want anyone to think that I am saying I don't want to be around them. However, I am starting to think that Year Round Schooling isn't such a bad idea. Since Troy has been out of preschool, I have noticed a huge change in him. He torments and tortures Will, complains about being bored, refuses to listen and challenges me every chance he gets. He has his very sweet moments and still can be a very kind and easy going child, but these are coming much less often. I wondered if it was the fact that Jay's much busier at work so he's home less during the week, but after talking to my Mom about it, she mentioned that this is a typical summer. Kids get bored, they are thrown out of their routines and just simply act out. Yep, that's exactly what it seems like so I try to do fun things but we can't do stuff everyday. I simply have to be home to get things done here and plus, it's stinkin' expensive to entertain kids anymore. That's a whole different post though as I could go on for ages about the costs anymore! So basically, I am finding out if we stay at home, I am simply playing referee and honestly, I am a little tired of it. Sure, I let the boys work out what they can, but there are MANY times I have to step in and put them each in their corners. Yep, year round schooling might be a fantabulous idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment