Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sad Day

Today was a sad day. My beloved sweet Buffy girl was hit by a car this afternoon and didn't make it. My heart is broken. I got her from the pound when I was living in Kentucky in February of 1998 as a playmate for another dog I adopted from the same pound the Spring before. She was a very sweet dog, but unfortunately was abused by her previous owner and that left her extremely skiddish and afraid of everything, particularly newspapers. It was so hard to see and I hoped that one day she would eventually recover but she didn't. Needless to say, the boys were not easy for her, but she handled it well and was a great pet for them as she was very calm. She had to growl at them a couple times, but really and truly, she coped with their craziness as well as she could. I cannot go into details as it has truly been a hard day and no one really needs to read it, but for what happened, it was the best possible situation. We had gone to my mom's and she was there along with a few of her friends that are as wonderful as can be. And a neighbor drove by and helped as well. Everyone loved Buffy because she was a sweet gentle dog. I kept thinking about what it would have been like if I had gone there to an empty house. What would I have done with Will? How would I have gotten her into the van? I know that I would have done it, but I just can't imagine and am so thankful for having such wonderful people close by. It was a horrible, tragic day and there's so much more I can say, primarily about the person who hit her that didn't even stop, slow down, acknowledge...NOTHING but I will refrain as that would be an angry rant and there's nothing that I can do about it. So I will remember my sweet, beautiful, loving little girl and know that we gave her a nice, safe home for her time here. And like Troy said when I told him, "Mommy, she's alive inside me" and he's right. She was a beloved part of the family and will be missed terribly.
A special moment with Troy
Watching over Troy 
My happy girl--she really looked like she would smile ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment