Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After Christmas

I adore Christmas. I love everything about it--buying gifts, wrapping, unwrapping, the food--oh man how I love the food...., visiting with family and friends....EVERYTHING. However, I have to be totally honest. I dread getting up the day after Christmas. As a child, it was the best day of the year. No place to go, no school, no big plans. We could simply enjoy everything we were given. As a parent......well, the day after Christmas is dreaded. Not because I don't want to see the boys having fun with their new toys, books, videos, music....Not because I don't want to put new things together. Not because I don't want to enjoy my new items. It's this. The aftermath. The clean up. The figuring out where to put everything and what old toys need to be boxed up again. If only there was a cleaning fairy to come along and help. SIGH. Now it's off the computer and up to tackle the chores at hand. Although, I may get distracted with some of my new gifts along the way.....Merry Christmas all and may 2012 be simply fabulous!

Before:
The gifts nicely arranged in a Troy and Will pile

The After:
Gifts from everyone opened and everywhere, totally taking over the house....






No comments:

Post a Comment