Thursday, January 13, 2011

Can't Believe I am Admitting This....

Now that I have been on a healthier living kick and have made a new best friend in My Fitness Pal, I probably should have just left well enough alone. I am doing really well considering how things were. I have been very pleased, yet today, I was just curious as to just how bad my diet was. I don't even want to admit it, it's SOOOOOOO humiliating, but hopefully it will help everyone understand why this was such an important step for me. I decided to input a diet very similar to what I was eating before I began this quest. Let me first say that according to the website, I should be eating 1280 calories to lose weight at a rate of 1lb per week. I put in a sample diet from before and I was eating.......
...
...
...
...
...
Are you ready for this?
...
...
...
2500-3000 calories on a regular basis!! HOLY CRAP! I was shocked. I knew I had problems and I have to even admit, this is probably low for some days. I can't even believe it and I am so disappointed in myself because of my background in health and fitness. I have never been a smart eater, but I have finally started and am seeing results. I have lost 4 lbs since beginning tracking my diet, I am exercising almost daily (some days are just a walk), I feel better, I sleep 10X better....and I am starting my training for the 10K this weekend. Thank God I realized that I needed help and actually am doing something about it before it was too late. I have a long way to go--weight wise and eating wise--since I still find myself choosing junk when I have the extra calories, but I am learning from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment