Friday, February 25, 2011

Wish Me Luck!!!

We are leaving on a family trip and I need all the help I can get :) I am currently taking a break from getting everything a 5 and 2 year old and I could want and need on a trip, which is a lot these days. I always forget just how much is needed--clothes, bedtime items, DVD's, the DVD player, snacks, drinks, books, coloring books and crayons, games...and that's just me ;) Just kidding, I can't watch the DVD's. It's simply amazing what you need to pack when you're traveling with children anymore and now that Will is attempting to potty train.....well, that just makes it a bit more of a challenge. It will go fine I am sure, and we are all excited to see everyone, but I just dread the actual trip.
Let me be honest for a second though. I really am not dreading the drive or traveling with kids, but I have been doing so well with my exercise and diet lately and am only 5 lbs from my goal weight. There is absolutely no way on this trip that I will be able to do the exercise I have been doing. Sure, I will be playing with the kids or taking walks, but nothing like the kickboxing, circuit training and running. Then there's the eating out.......I am sure there will be some fast food thrown in. I know there are healthier options, but I am a tad afraid of what will happen after 3 days of totally trashing my routine. I am making every effort to avoid problems as I have loaded up a bag with apples, carrots, whole wheat bagels, grapes, cheerios and other healthy snacks so that I won't get into old habits (you know, the snacking on chips, cookies, candy...), but this is my first real true test of willpower. Over the holidays, I was still home so could continue my exercise program, but being away from home is a whole different ball game. So like I said, wish me luck. I am hoping when we get back, I will pick right back up where I left

No comments:

Post a Comment