Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Most Dreaded Thing....

If you did a survey of what people dread the most, I am sure you will get a variety of responses. However with most women, you will probably hear that these three words are up there on the list if not the most dreaded....
Bathing. Suit. Shopping.
I have never enjoyed this and you would think that given my weight loss, I would be simply thrilled to go try on bathing suits. Yeah. Not so much. I am dreading this and when I heard our friends say, "We opened the pool!" I groaned. With those words, it brings excitement because I love the pool, I love swimming, I love the water, it's something different to do with the boys. I just hate wearing a bathing suit. Who invented those things anyway? Yeah yeah, I know. I could wear shorts and a t-shirt, but we all know that's not comfortable at all.
Why would I not be thrilled this year? Because I still see myself the same way. When I was at my heaviest, I didn't feel that heavy, but I was still uncomfortable with my appearance and now that I reached my goal weight, I feel no differently. I don't SEE the difference when I look in the mirror. Sure I can tell by the scale and I can tell by my clothes but I just don't physically see the difference. The thought of being in a suit makes me cringe. Even as a teenager I hated the way I looked in a suit and that has not changed at all. Necessary evil I tell you. Whoever invented the suit must have been a man and whoever invented the bikini....definitely a man.....

No comments:

Post a Comment