Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coming to the End

Today, we gave a final check to Troy's preschool teacher. In one way, it's awesome. We'll be able to save the money, but in other ways, I am sad. She's been so wonderful for Troy and he's made such progress. I know he'll do well (well, I am hoping he'll do well) in school, but I am nervous for him. In preschool, he's 1 of 5 students. In Kindergarten, he'll be 1 of 20+ most likely and I just don't know if his anxiety will rear its ugly head or if' he'll go right in and act like he does now. Most likely, it'll be harder on me than him , but that's my job and right as a mom, isn't it? To worry for them and try to make things easier or help them prepare, right?
I am excited for this part of his life too though. I can't wait to hear who his teacher will be, I can't wait for school plays and activities and see who is in his class. I am excited to see him learn and grow and be able to do so many things. It's just so hard for me to believe that the time has come!
I also wonder how Will will be during all this. He's so used to playing with his brother and having him around that I wonder how long it will take for us to adjust to it just being the 2 of us. I am pretty sure that as a child I had a hard time with my sister going to school so I am going to have to plan fun outings or get Will involved in some type of activity to help entertain him. Lord knows I am not as fun as big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment