Friday, June 17, 2011

Reminiscing.....

Tonight, I have a meeting to help plan our 20th (yes, you read that correctly) High School Reunion. I don't feel old until I hear that and realize that I have been out of high school that long. I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of high school, wouldn't go back if you paid me, but I am actually very excited to see my "old" classmates again :) So in honor of this, let's take a look back shall we? Now, others can feel old with me or totally make fun of me and call my Grandma:
1991:
The #1 Song the week I graduated:
More Than Words by Extreme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIiLvg58SY)
The Top Movie of the Year:
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Television in 1991:
Dallas ends
Most popular shows that year:
1. 60 Minutes (CBS)2. Roseanne (ABC)3. Murphy Brown (CBS)4. Cheers (NBC)5. Home Improvemnt (ABC)6. Designing Women (CBS)7. Full House (ABC)8. Murder, She Wrote (CBS)9. Major Dad (CBS)10. Coach (ABC)
Read more:http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/384/TV/1991+Most+Popular+TV+shows.aspx#ixzz1PYkDHHnH

Technology: The internet was created in Aug. 1991--after we graduated (Yes, when I was in school, there was no internet), MS DOS 5.0 was released, we took computer PROGRAMMING classes, we used a typewriter, cell phones were not even close to what they are now. Take a look:
File:GSM-Telefone-1991.jpg
Top News: Operation Desert Storm, Rodney King beating caught on video, Jeffrey Dahmer is arrested

And what really makes me feel old....
Cost of Living:

Cost Of Living 1991

How Much things cost in 1991
Yearly Inflation Rate USA4.25%
Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 3168
Interest Rates Year End Federal Reserve 6.50%
Average Cost of new house $120,000.00
Average Income per year $29,430.00
Average Monthly Rent $495.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas $1.12
1 LB of Bacon $1.95
Dozen Eggs 85 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment