Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Whew! That was a close one!

My conversation with Troy yesterday:
Just a quick explanation of what led up to this--we were trying to come up with dinner ideas and Troy decided that we had to have grilled cheese and tomato soup. You know, the perfect hot summer dinner....
~~~~
Me: I know you guys are starving so I will cut up some of Granny's cucumbers for you to eat while it's cooking.
Troy: That's not going to be enough.
Me: Well, what else would you like to have? How about some tomatoes?
Troy: MOOOOMMMMMM, we're having TOMATO soup. That's just silly.
Me: Oh wow. I can't believe I even thought that (sense sarcasm here please)
Troy: I think I am going to buy a new mommy that isn't so silly.
Me: Where exactly do you plan on buying this mommy?
Troy: I don't even know. (thinks a moment) I guess I will just have to go to a yard sale.
Me: And how much do you think a new mommy would cost?
Troy: Zero dollars
Me: Really? You don't think you could sell me in a yard sale and get money for me?
Troy: I think I will just keep you Mommy after all.
Me: Whew! You had me worried for a minute Troy.
~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment