Monday, June 6, 2011

Before and After

No, I am not doing before and after pics of anything fantastic ;) I was just thinking about this the other day and thought I would point out a couple Befores and Afters.

Before and After Children:
Before--Jay and I would stay up and watch one of the late night talk shows without even thinking twice.
After--now Jay is normally in bed by 9/9:30 and even on weekends, 10:15 is considered a late night

Before--Jay and I would play cards with family until late and talk, laugh, drink beer.....
After--We sit at home watching TV/sports, playing Wii and drinking beer :) (just a couple of course)

Before--waking before 9AM on a weekend called for a "What's bothering you?" conversation
After--waking before 9 (actually 7) is normal

Before--weekends were spent doing projects--mowing, cleaning, shopping, washing the car....
After--weekends are spent doing trying to find something fun to do with the kids--pool, playground, local events....(so much more fun)

Before--going to work 5 days a week plus, working my tail off, having to be "on" at all times and having to deal with normal work drama all day long
After--working 7 days a week, no holidays off, no financial pay, but getting to spend my days with the two most adorable kiddos ♥ Yes there is normal drama, but as my cousin Kim said "A bad day at home is still better than a good day at work" :)

Yes, children change everything. There are so many befores and afters that can be mentioned but honestly, I will take my early to bed/early to rise any day over life any day! I mean, look at these faces.....

No comments:

Post a Comment