Monday, April 26, 2010

Mother's Day is coming...

My husband and I aren't big on gifts at all for each other. We would rather spend money on the kids or something we need for the house and I am fine with that. It was actually my idea believe it or not. People think I am crazy, but honestly as a SAHM, I can't justify the extra expenses so we save where we can and gifts were the logical place to start. So when he asks what I would like to do for Mother's Day, I feel like a horrible person. Here's why--I want to do anything that involves not being a mom. Not that I don't love being a mom, it's just that day would be awesome to spend time away, doing something with friends, doing something I don't normally get to do and just relaxing. Here's why I feel like a horrible person. When I ask him what he wants to do for Father's Day, he always replies, "Just hang out with you and the boys". Yep, enter the guilt. I love that too--just this weekend, we really did nothing special. Just hung out as a family, played, did usual household and parenting things, ...nothing exciting at all. We just.....well, we just were. It was nice and it left me feeling so wonderful and happy. So why is it I want to run off on the one day a year we are celebrated for being Moms? Shouldn't I want to just be with my family and enjoy time with them? Well, of course I do, but here's my reasoning---That time away to relax, be with friends--ADULT friends (huge cheer for adult interaction!!!), helps me to be a better mother and have a better attitude. So guilt, could you please leave me alone????

No comments:

Post a Comment