Monday, September 27, 2010

Through a Child's Eyes

One of the coolest things about being a parent is getting to experience life all over again. There are so many things we overlook, ignore, basically, we just don't truly even notice anymore. However, when a child comes along, we go back to really paying attention and noticing how wonderful and exciting things can be, no matter how simple. I experienced this a lot this past weekend since I took the boys to the beach with my mom and a couple family friends. Troy had been before, but it had been awhile so it was like his first time all over again and of course it was Will's first time. It was amazing to watch and see them explore and figure things out. Troy didn't take long and was very fascinated with the water, shells, sand....Will was a little hesitant at first, but by the end of Saturday, he was the same. I felt like a kid again squealing when we found things, pointing simple things out--surfers, pelicans, dolphins or whatever, and it made me realize how much I had overlooked for so many years. Then, we went to the Aquarium. I was very excited about this because I just knew the boys would love it, especially Will, since he's obsessed with all things fish. I was definitely not disappointed. Both boys were in awe and excited and loved every exhibit they had. I felt like a little kid watching with them and cannot wait to go back!

Will walked into an exhibit that was basically a tunnel of fish. He was awestruckThis one says it all to me

No comments:

Post a Comment