Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We Made It Through

The anniversary of my Dad's passing was on Sept. 25. I wasn't sure how this year would be since we decided to go away. I didn't know if it would help make it easier or if it would actually be harder. I knew we wouldn't forget and that wasn't my intent. I just wanted to get us out of the habit of moping, being sad, and me being angry. It definitely helped a great deal. We still talked about him, we still remembered what it was like years ago, but having the distraction really was nice--for me at least. I was able to enjoy my time with the boys rather than getting frustrated with everything going on around me and I think we will continue this tradition. It may not be the beach every year, but doing something fun and enjoyable was much nicer than what it's been like in the past. To honor him, we dressed the boys in bibs (what my dad wore all the time), went out to dinner and toasted him--me with a Michelob Ultra (not quite a Michelob Light, my Dad's drink of choice, but close enough). The only thing that would have made the trip better was if my husband and sister and her family were there.

Dad--we made it. It's still not easy, but I hope you were proud of us this year.
Dad with Troy
A siggy made for me by Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment