Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Slap in the Face

I knew this day would come and I thought I was prepared for it, but I wasn't. I have even had a good friend tell me about her experiences and I knew it wasn't isolated to just her, but it really did nothing to help me when my time came. Today, Troy basically told me that he liked Daddy better than me. It may sound silly and you may even laugh and think that I am joking, but it really felt like a slap in the face to actually hear the words. I already knew that he loved spending time with Daddy, and I know that he misses Jay while he's at work. I think what bothered me is that he's been so different this week. With everyone else lately, he's fine. When it's just me, he's moody, defiant, whiny, easily frustrated...This isn't normally like him at all. This afternoon, he didn't nap, but chose to play in his room. He came out and was miserable. Whining, complaining, weepy...so I told him to go back to his room until he could come out with a better attitude. He lost it. Threw a temper tantrum like he did back when he was 2 1/2. I had to carry him to the room and he cried for almost 20 minutes. I was shocked but he finally came out and talked to me and that's when he told me that he was being mean to me this week because he just liked Daddy more. Was he telling the truth? Don't know. I do know that people have told me that children act differently for their parents, but this is totally different lately and it's a sudden change. I just hope he's not getting sick :( I know he's tired because he won't let himself rest the way he needs to, but how can I change that? I do everything I can to help him rest and he just doesn't. So it's seems like his sleeping habits are causing issues, but I can't seem to fix it. I am a fixer so it's driving.me.nuts.

1 comment:

  1. aww that is so not nice! I have been there as well, but its still hurts. What's sad for me though, is Nichole has said "mean" things to me so much that I have grown numb. "I don't like you anymore" and "I want a new mommy" don't seem to have the same effect they once did. :(

    ReplyDelete