Monday, December 13, 2010

Back in the Day....

I don't know if I can blame this on age, becoming a mom or something else, but when did I forget how to relax? I remember back in the day, coming home from teaching or whatever job I was holding at the time and being able to just plop in front of the tv and veg. I would enjoy mindless tv, read a magazine or book and just sit. No guilt, no "I should be doing something else", no nothing....just sitting and relaxing. Now when I have a moment, I feel guilt over relaxing so therefore, I don't relax. I don't enjoy sitting in front of the tv. I HAVE to be doing something else--working on the computer, writing a thank you note, organizing the shelves or my purse, wrapping gifts......I must admit that I never can just sit still. WAYYYYY to ADHD for that, but I could scan through a magazine or newspaper, do the crossword or Sudoku and watch TV and I enjoyed it, I was happy, I was relaxed. Now, I can't stop thinking about all the things I have or need to do. Is this part of motherhood, part of age or is it just me? Someone teach me how to relax again--that doesn't involve alcohol or eating. If you want to know why....see previous posts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment