Sunday, June 20, 2010

Change starts now!

I am doing this only so that someone may hold me accountable since I can't seem to do it alone....

I need to desperately make some changes. I need to take better care of myself. I need to lose weight. I need to stop making excuses and just do what I need to do so here I go.

I have reverse body perception. Most people feel like they are bigger than what they are. We see them as being thinner than they feel. I do the opposite. I know that I am overweight--I see the number on the scale, I know my BMI and I knew my body fat % which I KNOW hasn't lowered so I know I need to lose weight. However, when I look in the mirror, I see a little overweight. Then, I see a picture of myself and I am floored. Absolutely floored. I am shocked at just how big I really am. I saw a picture from last week last night and it was a huge wake up call. Soooooooooo, starting tomorrowm June 21, I start focusing on being healthier. I will not give up everything. I will not make myself miserable, but I will make changes. I have to do this for me--not just for my appearance, but my overall health.
And I debated doing this--and I mean really debated, but I feel like maybe if I put this picture out there, I will stick with this better so that maybe in a short time, I can put the "After"picture. Here's a brief explanation--I help with a training group for a local 4 mile race and this is the "uniform". We were selling cookies, lemonade and popsicles at a local event and this was taken by another leader. Like I said--WAKE UP CALL:
I am not looking for compliments so please say anything.....at all....please.....
This is me in the Pink shirt--my blue one was too tight :(

No comments:

Post a Comment