Thursday, June 10, 2010

Regrets

You hear all the time that art and music education should go to allow funds for other programs. I get where they are coming from but I just don't agree. One of my biggest regrets from my childhood is that I gave up Dance and Piano lessons way too soon. I was such a huge tomboy that I felt like it was just a waste of my time and dreaded going. Now that I am old, I mean older, I really wish I would have stuck with it. I wish my mom would have pushed me to continue rather than being the mom who let me choose. I mean, really mom.... you gave me, the completely awkward child a choice? Just kidding ;)! For a long time, I just didn't care, but now, I really regret it. This is when reality tv is bad for me. The singing shows...whatever...I have a horrendous voice, but the dancing shows get me every time. Would I have ever been that good? I have no idea, but man, it's just so wonderful to watch! I can honestly say that I have been moved to tears by some of the routines that are put together on So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With the Stars. Not always but there are some that are just so good that you can really feel the emotion in the music and the movement. I would love to be as graceful, talented, flexible.....and you have to agree--dancers' have incredible bodies. That sure would be nice! I half thought about looking into classes for adults, but two little things called time and money sure put a damper on that. Maybe when the boys are older it'll be something I can try. If nothing else, maybe I will lose some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment