Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What was I thinking?

My boys are very much into fire fighting. It's Troy's absolute favorite thing and he takes it very seriously--he even has "Fire Kids" that live with us and help him. He has to take off work to be able to just play and enjoy the day and he's even given "talks" to school kids about safety. All done in our home or Granny's of course, but as you can see, it's a big deal in our household. Will isn't to this point yet, but he certainly has his sirens down pat--very loud sirens actually. Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. I am very pleased that this is Troy's obsession rather than some of the other common things with young boys these days. I actually find myself noticing everything dealing with firefighting at stores and have bought them items (reasonably priced of course) so that he can improve on his skills....Now, the other day, I was birthday shopping for my nephew and went down an aisle that was LOADED with police and firefighting accessories and I thought to myself, "I think I will just buy each of the boys this and break it out on a day where they are bored or need something new" (like they didn't have enough....). Here is the product:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11082694

No problem you say?
Look closely.....
Do you see the WHISTLE??? Have you ever given a 5 and 2 year old a WHISTLE? Especially when it's too hot to be outside???
Yes, what was I thinking????

No comments:

Post a Comment