Sunday, November 6, 2011

My weekend of thanks!

I didn't get to post this weekend on here so I will do a weekend of thanks. I definitely am thankful for my wonderful husband. We met thanks to my cousin in Dec. of 1999 and have been together since. Has it been easy? No, of course not. Like any relationship there are ups and downs, but every time I look at the big picture, I know how blessed I am to have such a wonderful, stable, intelligent, hard working husband who is an amazing father. I have had so many issues (which we don't need to get into....) and he's been supportive every step of the way and I truly believe that many others would have given up a long time ago so for all of these reasons, I am very thankful for this handsome man in my life ♥

I also have the most wonderful and supportive friends. I have always been a bit shy and reserved so making friends has never been the easiest of things, but as I have gotten older, I have realized how important it is to have true friends.  I have a few friends that have been with me for years that I rely on and I am so grateful for and feel like I can turn to them for anything. After becoming a stay at home mom, I really wanted to meet other moms, so I attempted to start a group in my town. That didn't go far, but I did meet a few mothers that I have stayed close with so although I was disappointed the group didn't continue, I am thrilled that I made such great friends through the attempt! I also made an awesome decision a couple years ago to join a training program for the Charlottesville Women's 4 Miler. This was one of the best decisions I have made because I have met so many wonderful women that are so supportive and simply amazing. It's been such a blessing getting to know so many of them and I have come so far since then because of them! Lastly, there is also a group of women that I have gotten to know online through a site called www.justmommies.com. I went there when Troy was 6 weeks old looking for help on sleep issues and have stayed there since. I know many people are skeptical, but I have had nothing but a great experience and received a lot of support and love. As a stay at home mom, I have used this site as a way to have adult conversation and talk about the kids and life in general, when I didn't have other options. I was very lonely in the beginning, so this group of online friends has helped me tremendously.

And lastly, this weekend, I am thankful for my church family. I have been going to this church since I was little and although I left when I moved away for a few years, I always have come back to them. It's a small church, but it has a huge heart with the wonderful congregation  we have. The support they give to the members and the community is so wonderful so for them I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment