Saturday, October 9, 2010

Week 1 Check in!

So just about a week ago, I made the decision to take better care of myself, eat better and exercise 5-6 days a week. I figured I would do reports to keep tabs on myself and hope someone out there may keep me honest ;) The first week went really well and it hasn't been as hard as I thought. I have had issues where I have wanted to cheat and have a soda or a treat, but I have held firm on my 1 a day rule. I have to admit that I have enjoyed getting back into exercise despite getting up at 6AM to do it most days. It's definitely started my day out better and having it done and behind me makes it so much nicer. I am alternating between running, doing Wii Fit or Wii Active and the dreaded Jillian Michael's Shred. She knows how to kick some tail and I despise putting that one in the DVD player, yet when it's done I am in awe of how I did so much work in 20 minutes. It's tough but worth it. Have I lost weight in the week? Maybe a pound. Have I been dreading the 6AM wake up? You bet. Have I been sore? You got it. Has it been worth it? No doubt in my mind. In just a week, I have felt better, been in a better mood, slept better and today, put on a pair of jeans that were super loose. Just the motivation I need to keep it up! Today will be a test though--going to my sister's for cake and ice cream and then tonight is a fund raising dinner for the local Fire Company and they have the most amazing chocolate cake. Decisions Decisions......I can only pick one........

No comments:

Post a Comment