Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My biggest problem with being a SAHM

First of all--I love almost everything about being a stay at home mom. I love that I get to watch my boys grow and learn daily. I love that when it's nice I can get things done quickly and then spend the day outside--at the playground usually. There are just so many positive aspects that I adore and wouldn't change for anything in the world. However, I have one huge problem. I HATE HATE HATE not making any money! I feel so guilty for buying anything that isn't a necessity, and try to avoid it, but I really stink at that. What am I buying, you ask? I get bored with cooking or just don't feel like doing it so I want to run out and take the boys somewhere quick or just different. Or I want a good coffee or soda or to take them out for ice cream. But because I am not making the money, I feel so guilty. (Yes, I still do it because I have no willpower though). For instance, I went to pick up Troy from preschool and wanted to take him and Will out for lunch because for most of the year, my mom or a close family friend would pick him up and take him out to eat before bringing him home. The problem--I had no cash. I didn't want to use a credit card but didn't want to dip into the cash stash we have because it wasn't a good reason. It was driving me nuts! I was like, "I JUST NEED $15!!!!!!" Now before anyone beats me up about admitting this--I know I work my tail off as a stay at home mom. I cook, clean, do laundry, run errands, take care of the lawn (somewhat), and most importantly take care of our boys. I know that I deserve the little extras here and there, but I can't justify spending the money easily when I am not making it. AAUUGGHHHH
Oh and Mom--this is not a hint for you to give me money or take me out--just had to throw that out there :D

No comments:

Post a Comment